CORAL unites communities to save coral reefs. We are dedicated to building conservation alliances through which we connect individuals and organizations to affect positive change in reef conservation.
Organizational and Institutional Partners
In our work around the world, CORAL is building a growing network of partnerships with other conservation organizations, including funders, government agencies, and non-governmental organizations.
Significant organizational partnerships include:
- Founding membership in the International Coral Reef Action Network (ICRAN)
- NOAA’s Anchors Away program
- Conservation International’s Marine Program and Center for Environmental Leadership in Business (CELB)
- The Tour Operators Initiative (TOI)
- U.S. Coral Reef Task Force
- The Mesoamerican Reef Tourism Initiative (MARTI) with Conservation International and Amigos de Sian Ka'an
The presence of potential partner organizations in the countries in which we work is one of the important factors we take into account when selecting a CRSD location.
Sustainable Tourism Partners
In each of the project sites in which we work, we join forces with local community members to raise awareness about the factors threatening coral reefs, educate people about the benefits of well managed MPAs, and mobilize local communities and the marine recreation sector to work toward common conservation goals.
Because local marine tourism operators spend their days on the water and on the reefs, they often experience coral reef damage firsthand and are particularly well positioned to educate visitors about coral-friendly behaviors.