Amigos de Sian Ka'an
Is a non-profit, non-governmental organization established in June 5 of 1986, by a group of scientists and conservationists, currently based in Cancún, Quintana Roo, México.
Mission: The conservation of biodiversity and the maintenance of ecological processes for the well-being of present and future generations.
Amigos de Sian Ka´an focuses its efforts within the state of Quintana Roo, in particular, the Sian Ka´an Biosphere Reserve, as well as collaborates with regional and international partners throughout the Mesoamerican region.
* Identify, protect and manage areas with high biodiversity value, as well as those essential for the maintenance of ecological processes, and those critical for the maintenance of the life cycles of endangered, threatened and migratory species.
* Generate tools and models, both biologically and policy based, to implement alternative resource and site conservation management options compatible with sustainable development.
* Provide training and environmental education, as well as develop commercialisation opportunities, to the different sectors of our society that will result in a sustainable use of the natural resources.
* Collaborate with and assist international organisations, federal, state and municipal governments, the private sector, local communities, other NGO´s, research and education institutions and individuals in achieving the above-mentioned objectives.
* Develop an efficient and modern organisation capable of successfully carrying out its mission and objectives.