More than 100 countries around the world rely on healthy coral reefs for income, food, storm protection, and more. The protection of coral reefs has become an important issue for policy makers and governments, especially ministries of tourism, environment, and fisheries.
Our Issue Briefs provide an overview of the ecological and economic impacts of coral reef conservation, as well as policy options for global, national, and local action that will help protect this important resource.
- Coral Reefs & Global Climate Change
- Coral Reef Mining, Harvesting, and Trade
- Sustainable Coastal Development
- Exploitive Fishing
- Watersheds and Healthy Reefs
- Effective Coral Reef Marine Protected Areas (MPAs)