West Hawaii Voluntary Standards Logo Design Contest
The Coral Reef Alliance (CORAL) is holding a design contest to create a logo for the West Hawaii Voluntary Standards. If your design is chosen, you'll win a Flip VideoTM camera!
Beginning in 2008, CORAL facilitated a multi-stakeholder effort to develop consensus-based voluntary standards for marine tourism, which resulted in a comprehensive set of standards for SCUBA diving, snorkeling, wildlife interactions (including whales, dolphins, monk seals, sharks and invertebrates), general boating (including kayaking and surf schools), and shoreline activities (including tidepooling and swimming). More than twenty West Hawaii-based companies have signed on to adopt the standards and participate in an assessment program coordinated by CORAL. For more information on the project and to see a list of all the participating companies, please visit http://www.WestHawaiiMarineTourism.org.
We are now in the process of raising awareness about the standards, disseminating educational materials to assist businesses with their implementation, and conducting informational meetings to introduce the standards. CORAL is also working with hotels, travel agencies, concierges, and other venues to get the word out to visitors so that they can make more informed choices and support businesses that have made a commitment to strive for the best practices outlined in the standards.
To support this phase of the project, we'd like to create a simple logo for the standards. The logo will be used on companies' websites and other promotional materials to indicate that they are part of this effort to promote sustainable marine recreation. The winner of our logo design contest will have the honor of seeing his or her logo used to represent the voluntary standards, AND will win a PURE Digital Flip VideoTM camera!
Contest Details in Brief:
- Submissions must be in by 11:59 PDT on July 31, 2010.
- Submitted logos will be voted on by CORAL and the businesses who have adopted the standards.
- Other than the video camera, no other compensation will be given.
- The logo will be used for the promotion of the West Hawaii Voluntary Standards for Marine Tourism in various contexts approved by CORAL.
- Logo submissions must be available in a format that will allow us to utilize them for high-quality print reproduction. Please send in a smaller (less than 5 MB) ".jpg" version of your logo design for judging.
- Your submission can be emailed to CORAL's West Hawaii Field Representative, Kara Osada-D'Avella, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the full official contest rules, click here.
If you have any questions, please contact Kara or CORAL's Hawaii Field Manager, Liz Foote.